8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Event Type: Monthly
Introduction to Navya Nyaaya – Tarka Saṁgraha Textual Study
To understand and apply the scientific knowledge embedded in Indic śāstras, there are three fundamental technical fields of study known as the Pada, Vākya and Pramāṇa śāstras. These are also known as vyākaraṇa, pūrvamīmāṁsā and nyāyaśāstras respectively. Of these, nyāya is the preliminary basis for categorizing and validating any knowledge.
The earliest systematized lessons available in nyāyaśāstra are the nyāyasūtrās of Rishi Gautama. It was later developed into tarkaśāstra by combining the ontology of vaiśeṣika (a sister discipline of nyāya) and epistemology of nyāya.
Annambhatta was a great śāstrapandita from Andhradesha (Telugu speaking country in South India). His work Tarkasaṁgraha has drawn significant academic attention as a stepping stone for higher studies in śāstras. The technically structured linguistic usage seen in the Tarkasaṁgraha has been borrowed by other śāstra traditions including Vedanta, Ayurveda, and Yoga as well.
- Introduction to basic tarkaśāstra
- Understanding the ontological and epistemological aspects
- Know the applicability of tarkaśāstra to other śāstras
- To be able to understand basic tarkashastra in simple Samskrit
- Ability to technically approach preliminary texts of Vedānta, āyurveda, Yoga, Jyotiṣa, etc.
- Know the application in AI and Knowledge processing careers.
- Students and research scholars in their chosen field of Tarkaśāstra
- Anyone who is interested to learn the basics of Tarkaśāstra
- Introduction to ontology and epistemology of Tarkasaṁgraha
- Preliminaries of vāda tradition
Online Quiz every 2 weeks, One review session every two weeks, final certification exam.