6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Event Type: Weekly
From Humanities to Human Sciences – Webinar Series
From Humanities to Human Sciences: A Leap Enabled by Vedic Insights
A FREE 10-talk webinar series by Prof. Nagaraj Paturi, Director, Indic Academy Inter-Gurukula-University Center for Indic Knowledge Studies (IGUC-IKS), Hyderabad INDIA.
For students, faculty and professionals of Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines, public intellectuals and corporate leaders interested in understanding communities and culture.
There is growing vexation within the human society with its seemingly insurmountable social evils, violence and unrest and unbridgeable ideological chasms. This vexation coupled with the inability of today’s humanities and social sciences to address its roots is creating a pressing need for alternate approaches to understanding and organizing human endeavor. Modern society is increasingly receptive to such a discourse. Now is the time to cogently articulate what India’s Vedic wisdom has to offer to address these challenges today. For instance, Dharma shaastras deal with individual and group behavior patterns and how to channelize them for a harmonious and progressive society.
According to Wikipedia, Humanities are academic disciplines that study aspects of human society and culture. The humanities include the study of ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, history, archaeology, anthropology, human geography, law, politics, religion, and art.
About the Talks
Indic Academy is launching 10 Webinar talks entitled “From Humanities to Human Sciences” by Prof. Nagaraj Paturi, an authority on modern Humanities disciplines as well as authentic Vedic Wisdom with a firm grasp of the synergy possible.
It is intended to change Humanities from non-sciences to sciences and Social Sciences into new sciences using Vedic approaches to these knowledge areas.
Each talk dwells on one Knowledge area now classified under Humanities or Social Sciences and presents its Vedic philosophy, the scientific model that approach offers, the Vedic sources from which it can be derived and the impact it can create, if systematized and practiced.
Vedic Philosophy / Model of
- Human Behavior and Personality (Psychology)
- Language (Linguistics) and Communication
- Beauty and Bliss (Aesthetics)
- Society (Anthropology, Sociology)
- Law and Ethics
- Groom Humanities and Social Sciences scholars into effective catalysts for social transformation
- Train faculty to teach Indic models of Sociology, Governance etc. in Higher education.
- Inform public intellectuals about authentic, academically rigorous and defendable Vedic insights into Humanities and Social Sciences
- Inspire corporate managers to consider Indic methods to solve organizational problems.
- Pre-requisite to the upcoming short course series on Vedic Human Sciences launching from October 2020.
- Eligibility for faculty training workshops on Vedic Governance and Social Sciences.
- Eligibility for research fellowships to develop Vedic taxonomies in Humanities and Social Sciences.