Yoga 360: An in-depth immersion into the philosophy, practice & application of Yoga
This course will offer a 360-degree perspective of multiple facets of Yoga as a philosophy, as a practice, as a system of health and healing and also as a science of the mind. Further, this course will explore the core principles behind the practice of Yoga. At the same time, it would provide a broad overview of the content covered at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram's teacher training courses. The course is primarily designed to integrate the philosophy of the Patanjali's 'Yogasutra with practical lived experiences and correlate how and why the tools of Yoga are relevant in this day and time.
13 Jan 2020
6.30 PM-8 PM IST
Once a week
₹7,500.00 (+ 3.5% online fee)
An online course
In Association With
Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram
Yoga is today a hugely popular discipline that has caught the fancy of millions across the world. While including practices of movements (asana-s) that are known to confer a wide range of health benefits, Yoga is more than just asana.
As a philosophy, Yoga holds its own with the ancient darsana-s, offering serious practitioners a viable pathway towards meditation and eventually, the means to kaivalyam. As a science of the mind, Yoga philosophy offers extremely insightful methods to understand both the limitations and the immense potentials of the human mind and also, shows us in a very pragmatic manner how to overcome these limitations in order to empower oneself from within. As a practice, Yoga integrates asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra, nyasam, mantra, bhavana, dhyanam and more, giving practitioners an array of powerful tools that address all the dimensions of the human system. From the perspective of a working professional, Yoga also offers powerful approaches to improve concentration, attention span and memory, thereby enhancing both efficiency and effectiveness.
About this Course
This 30-hour course will offer a 360-degree perspective of multiple facets of Yoga as a philosophy, as a practice, as a system of health and healing and also as a science of the mind. Further, this course will explore the core principles behind the practice of Yoga. At the same time, it would provide a broad overview of the content covered at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram’s teacher training courses. The course is primarily designed to integrate the philosophy of the Patanjali’s ‘Yogasutra with practical lived experiences and correlate how and why the tools of Yoga are relevant in this day and time.
- Acquire a broad understanding of all four chapters of the Yogasutra and its core teachings, with specific emphasis on the insights given by Sri T Krishnamacharya and Sri TKV Desikachar.
- Acquire a broader perspective of Yoga beyond asanas.
- Understand the KYM approach to integrating the philosophy and practice of Yoga.
- Understand the fundamentals of course planning and the application of the tools of Yoga
- Learn about significant contributions of Sri T Krishnamacharya and Sri TKV Desikachar in adapting the practice of yoga to suit individual needs
- Learn to integrate these teachings in their day to day living
It is open to all who seek to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Yoga tradition. It is specially designed for the benefit of:
- Yoga Teachers and Students
- Yoga therapists
- All yoga enthusiasts
- The history and evolution of Yoga and why Yoga continues to be relevant
- An overview of the fundamental Vedic principles underlying the study and practice of Yoga
- An overview of core teachings of the Yoga sutra (covering essential aspects of all four chapters of the text)
- Fundamental principles behind the practice of asana, pranayama and dhyanam
- Fundamentals of yoga practice design (course planning)
- Application of the tools of Yoga
- Guided practices of asana, pranayama and dhyanam
₹7,500.00 (+ 3.5% online fee)